Project Leader in Statistics and Genetics M/F
Type of contract : permanent contract, full time
Location : Rodez, Aveyron, France
With more than 1300 employees of whom 18% working out of France, the RAGT group operates two complementary core businesses both of them aiming at an ambitious, innovative and competitive agriculture: an agriculture-home and garden business at a regional level (Rouergue Auvergne Gévaudan Tarnais) and an international-wide seed business.
RAGT 2n is a French competitive plant breeding and seed company with headquarter in Rodez, France. For more than 50 years, the company breed important field crops species to deliver the best varieties to European farmer. More than 300 peoples are dedicated to the research department , each year we create and register more than 150 varieties covering 26 species.
The Genetics and Analytic Unit, promoting creative and innovative tools for breeding, is opening a new permanent position to support breeders. The main mission will be to promote integration of new breeding methods within the organization, managing a research project portfolio.
You must have a strong taste in quantitative genetic analysis (under R), be able to understand breeding challenges and propose adequate solutions to improve breeding programs efficiencies.
- Provide statistical support with the aim to optimize several breeding programs
- Close interaction with breeders to provide guidance to deploy innovations, to train them to new software tools and to identify their expectations and requirements
- Performing complex statistical analyses for a broad spectrum of types of data (phenotypic, genetic, and molecular) and types of studies (experimental design, marker assisted selection, genome wide association studies and genomic selection)
- Preparing reports to interpret the findings and providing conclusions and recommendations
- PhD/Master degree in Statistics or Plant/Animal Breeding or related area, with a first experience in agricultural/biological research
- Ability to manage large data analysis, good knowledge of R scientific software
- Ability to plan priorities and handle multiple projects
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment, taste for applied research, teamwork and collaboration skills, curiosity, attention to details, rigor, capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Fluent in French and English
- Occasional travels in France and Europe